La Défense Seine-Arche
Metropolitan strategy, 2011
Leclercq Associés Agency undertook the architecture of the mission with two ambitions in mind: initiate a reflection at the intermunicipal level (Nanterre, Puteaux, Courbevoie, La Garenne Colombes, Suresnes, Rueil Malmaison), and process a framework document at this level assessing the situation of the territory, a synthesis of the ongoing projects and a vision for the future which could be used as guidelines for the coming years.
At the level of the six municipalities, a consultation and joint reflection process over several strategic themes has started : transportation and travel, housing, economic development, living environment. This ambitious work on the six towns built a thorough material and distinguished shared challenges, strategic approaches and projects eligible to common funding. This reflection also formed the basis of a more in-depth discussion on the territory of the National Interest operation.
The strategic document on the territory of the National Interest operation comes up with several steps of work and reflection.
1. A diagnostic work resulting in the realization of :
- a land-use planning atlas,
- a verification drawing of the current projects on the National Interest operation and a global summary and analysis plan evaluating consistencies, inconsistencies or current shortcomings of the actual project.
2. Analytical and outlook work to sketch a true regional project, reflecting the ambition of the EPA for the coming years.
This work enabled :
- to stake out the priority challenges to be supported by the EPA,
- to identify approaches, urban attitudes and projects in embryonic form to work on in the future.
This last work defines a territorial development strategy for the National Interest Operation. This strategy if as qualitative as quantitative. It creates a vision, a project of community centered on great themes of reflection (travels/economic development/innovation and knowledge/housing/sustainable town), identifying potential for growth or development and global planning goals.